Thursday 10 February 2011

Scraps of card and vellum

Had some unexpected time to scrap last night due to my husband's train home being delayed. The twist for the latest Twisted Sketches sketch (no. 087) is "comfort" and this made me think about the fact that my son sucks his thumb when he most needs comfort. I had a photo of my son that I'd wanted to scrap for some time but hadn't been able to come up with the right idea for it.

The photo was actually taken as an example of him staring off into space lost in his own thoughts but when I looked at it afterwards I noticed his sucking thumb was stuck out as if ready to be popped in if needed and I knew I wanted to make some reference to this habit as one we'll remember long after he has (hopefully) grown out of it.

Carrying on my own theme of scraps, I've used scraps of card which were the offcuts of the photo mat to stick the cloud stickers on to help them stand out against the white backing card and a scrap of vellum with a sort of cloud effect on it that I've had in my left over scraps from when I first started out cardmaking.


Products used:
Core'dinations cardstock (snowflake and bahama blue I think)
Echo Park Little Boy Alpha Stickers
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type letter stickers
Doodlebug Up Up & Away patterned paper
Doodlebug Great Getaways fancy frills cardstock stickers
Scrap of vellum
Echo Park Little Boy Journalling Cards
Martha Stewart punch


7 comments:

  1. so love the title!!! and I can so relate LOL...great layout and so glad we inspired you!!


    Kate (Twisted S)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great layout and that pic of your boy is darling...love the story about the photo...only a mother would notice little things like that in a picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent! love the picture, the title, the ebellies, everything! Thanks for playing along at Twisted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your take on the sketch & twist x
    your photos perfect.
    thanks for joining in xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your letters!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Smiles from Ane Lene (Twisted Sketches)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little boy line...great idea on the theme of comfort too! Thanks for taking part! Anna P :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful - I love all the little details.
    Thank you for joining us at http://www.twistedsketches.com/

    ReplyDelete