Friday 4 February 2011

Scrap of lace

I have just bought a bargain Papermania kit called "Family" (£2.99!). The colours are mainly pinks, browns and turquoises. The first thing that jumped out at me from the pack was the chipboard element "Home". I wanted to scrap a picture of where we live using it and have chosen this photo from the heavy snowfall we had at the beginning of last year.

I used Twisted Sketches DT application sketch (posted Weds 2 Feb 2011) as my starting point for this layout - but didn't incorporate the twist (which was "map").

I knew I wanted to have a large snowflake as my main embellishment on the page and found this one which I have had for while in my stash. The problem with it was that it looked very bare given its size so I added some gems to the centre of it which worked for me! It was nice to have a chance to create a layout with a lot of pink - not something I do very often having 2 boys. The scrap of lace round the bottom of the photo was very much an after-thought but I thought that it fitted well with the title of this blog and that's why this is the first layout I've chosen to upload here! Couple of close-ups below.

Above is the chipboard element that started the whole layout off. Below the snowflake and the scrap of lace.


No comments:

Post a Comment