Sunday 29 May 2011

Wembley

Last year the football team that my husband and eldest son have been supporting got as far as the play-off finals at the end of the season. Unfortunately they didn't win but the experience of travelling to London and going to watch the match at Wembley was a big first for my son. It was a really hot day and Daddy had to buy him a large bucket-sized cup of lemonade to keep him cool - he drank it all!




I am particularly proud of the ticket embellishments which I made myself using a stamp set. First you stamp the background colour. I had used kraft card and didn't want to change the colour much so I used the Tim Holz old paper distress ink. Next you stamp in a darker colour the outline and finally choose and stamp on a sentiment. To get the authentic, torn off a strip look, I used a perforator on each end of the ticket (unfortunately I can't make it show up properly on a photo - look closely on the bottom of the left hand edge!).

This sketch was inspired by the One page sketch no. 9 at Sketch Support - when I look back at it, inspired more than I thought. I saw the wavy line and copied that for the spotty paper under the photos but then didn't look back at the sketch until afterwards. I can see quite a few similarities now!

Materials used:
Tim Holz distress inks (old paper and forest moss)
Bazill Grenadine cardstock
Papers from a papermania "Summertime" kit
Doodlebug beetle black alpha stickers
A stamp set for making tickets
A perforating tool

No comments:

Post a Comment